Why is a lead pastoral transition taking place?
How did we arrive at Pastor Brandon as the candidate for next Lead Pastor?
A process began in January of 2017 when the Leadership Team (LT) and Search Team began exploring possibilities for a new Lead Pastor. First, a Search Team was formed, consisting of the LT and several members of the congregation. The mix of the team varied throughout the process, but always contained members of the LT and some congregational representation.
Several candidates were examined, both internally and externally. Considerable prayer, exploration and discussion have taken place during the past year. During this time period, the Search Team was directed to Brandon. This was a surprise since Brandon himself admits he will be facing a steep learning curve were he to be affirmed as Lead Pastor. But the Search Team concluded that Brandon had something that couldn’t be taught: character. They loved Brandon’s passion for God and love for people. Further, his spiritual wisdom has been apparent over his three years of ministry here at Lighthouse. And finally, Brandon loves the people of Lighthouse, from students to seniors, which is something that that our leadership believes is absolutely necessary for a good transition.
The LT believes that Brandon already possesses good ministry skills and that, with help and support, has the capacity to learn the additional skills needed to lead a church of this size. Our hope is that the congregation will affirm this choice.
Was the Search Team unanimous in their decision to recommend Brandon for this new role?
How will Brandon be supported should he be affirmed and take over the Lead Pastor role?
These resources will be combined with the strong collaboration and support of both our pastoral staff and the LT.
When will members vote to affirm Brandon and what will be involved?
The LT asks that all members spend the entire month of February in prayer. It is so important that the members of the Lighthouse family commit to pray and gain God’s guidance. Lighthouse has always been God’s church and we want to trust the Holy Spirit to lead us in this critical decision.
At the meeting, all members present will receive a ballot and will be asked to cast a vote either for or against Pastor Brandon as the next Lead Pastor of Lighthouse Christian Center. We will announce the result of the vote at the end of the meeting.
What will change at Lighthouse?
What will not change at Lighthouse?
Will we replace the Senior High Pastor? If so, when?
What does the process look like from now through October 1, 2018?
Why is the transition lasting eight months?
What if I still have questions? Where can we get our questions answered before the Annual Meeting?
Our Leadership Team and Pastor Art would love to hear your questions and comments. Feel free to email them individually. If you would like to talk over the phone, please include your phone number in your email, the best time to call you, as well as a specific request for a response by phone. You will hear back from them as soon as they are able to call you.
How will we be able to thank Pastor Art and Naomi?
What can I do to help?
• Pray for our church, Pastor Art and Naomi, the LT and the proposed Lead Pastor, Pastor Brandon.
• Support the staff and the pastors during this time of transition.
• Stay involved at Lighthouse!
• Be here at the weekend services.
• Continue to give generously, supporting your church family.
• Find a place to participate and volunteer.
• Stay informed. If you don't have the Lighthouse app, get it today. We will use it to communicate updates on the transition. Read your eNews for updates as well.
• If you are not a member, take the next Membership Class and become a Lighthouse member.
• If you are a member, show up to vote at the Annual Meeting on February 26.
• Be positive!
• In it all, thank and praise God for His kindness and mercy in both leading Lighthouse Christian Center since 1991 and into the future He has for us!