Click here for ASL interpreted video
Each week we encourage you to take one meal and Eat, Play, Pray as a family. You pick the day and time that works best for you. Eat, Play, Pray can be done as a solo adventure or you can invite another family over for added fun. As you explore this week's topic, first watch the teaching video above. Then use the prompts to help you lead your family in discussion.
EATWacky eats - This week, let's channel the last splash of summer and have a pool party! Everyone dresses up as you would for a pool splash and serves poolside treats. No actual pool needed.
Eating up God's Word - "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3 (ESV)
1) What are some areas of your life where you “spiritually” need God?
2) Have you ever experienced a sense of God’s grace when it comes to your spiritual neediness? If so, try to explain it.
3) What role does humility play as you live out God’s grace in your life?
This week's beatitude (Matthew 5:3) focuses on humility. We encourage you to play a game of Sorry, Monopoly, or Uno. If you have preschoolers, a good game might be Chutes & Ladders. You can use any game you have on hand that helps build the skill of having humility in losing and winning.
PRAY• Begin by thanking Jesus for His humility and acknowledging that He is worthy of praise, honor, and glory.
• Thank God for ways you see humility demonstrated in your family.
• Ask God to help you and your family to be humble this week.
Click here to check out videos on our YouTube channel, LCC Family Ministry.
September 15, 2020